Cooked tomato and green pepper salad - taktouka -

>> Tuesday, March 3, 2009

taktouka Cooked tomato and green pepper salad  moroccan moroccIngredients :

* 6 tb Olive oil
* 3 lg Green bell peppers halved
* 6 lg Tomatoes
* 1 ea Garlic clove finely chopped
* 1/2 ts Cumin
* 1/8 ts Hot red pepper

Instructions :

Salt and pepper Juice of 1/2 lemon Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute the halved peppers until soft and just beginning to change colour. Halve the tomatoes and gently squeeze out the seeds & juices. Place cut side up in the skillet & continue to cook shaking the skillet from time to time. Turn the peppers occasionally. Cook until the tomatoes are cooked through. Transfer peppers and tomatoes to a serving dish. Pour off half the olive oil & return skllet to the heat. Add garlic and saute at a high heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat & season with remaining ingredients. Spoon this sauce over the vegetables. Serve warm or cold.

Share It
Facebook Tweet It! Buzz this Digg It!

2 commentaires:

Anonymous March 7, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

I'm so glad I found your site (through Entrecard). I recently returned from a trip to Morocco where I took a cooking class. I brought home a tagine and some Ras el Hanout and I'm looking forward to trying them. Here's a post I wrote about Moroccan cuisine on my blog: http://journeysandadventures.today.com/2009/03/02/morocco-cooking-cuisine%e2%80%a6and-of-course-couscous-with-some-moroccan-recipes/

I'm bookmarking your page so I can come back.

Unknown March 10, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

thanks Jennifer for your visite and your comment ,that good you learn about moroccan food and there is alot of things to learn about !! i just love moroccan food and try to some recipes , keep in touch

Post a Comment

TWITTER Moroccan Recipes

.

Recipes

.

PARTENAIRES

Moroccan Dishes And easy recipes

Haut